Hey babes, welcome back! Last week I finished classes, and I get a two-week period to prepare for exams, so naturally I spent all of last week watching five seasons of Vampire Diaries. Today, however, I woke up in a good mood, and made myself a big cup of coffee and decided to get my shit together. So here I am, an hour later, putting together this post.
Today, as you probably guessed I will be talking about the awards that I’ve been nominated for during the months of March and April. This is my first time writing a post like this, so bare with me.
ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD
I was so kindly nominated by three lovely bloggers who’s posts I adore, so you should definitely go check them out. Big thank you to all of you lovely ladies, you made my day!
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Add 7 facts about them.
- Then nominate people!
Seven Facts About Me:
- I adore coffee. My mood for the entire day can be fully based on how good my coffee was in the morning. And oh boy you don’t want to have a conversation with me before I’ve had my first sip.
- I’m an introvert. Days where I spend a lot of time sitting on my laptop and doing things such as planning, budgeting and writing blog posts for hours are considered great days for me.
- When I was younger I based all my decisions on horoscope apps. I believed in that like it was a religion. Now, not so much, but I may have a couple of books at home that I will read over and over whenever I get into that mood. Ps. I’m a Cancer
- I love looking up motivational quotes, like every day.
- I would love to travel a lot. I’m constantly looking at new travel destinations, and ticket pricing.
- I love to read, but I can never get myself to sit down! My family makes fun of me because I buy all these books but never get past page 20!! Someone help!
- I find online shopping to be such an amazing time saver but I have major trust issues when it comes to the internet so I never end up buying things online. I just add things to my cart and then go into the stores and look for them one by one!
- budding regardless
THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
First of all, can we just talk about how cute this badge is?! Anyways.. I would like to thank the amazing helloitsjo for nominating me for this. She is amazing and for sure one of my favourite bloggers, so do yourself a favour and check out her posts!
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself (being truthful!)
Seven (more) Facts About Me
- I look forward to this summer, as I think it will be filled with tons of memories that will be created overseas when I’m in Europe
- I was born and raised in Greece, but I now live in Canada, and I hope to one day move to California
- My biggest pet peeve is having to repeat myself
- I am moved out from my parents house, and although that seemed like a good idea at the beginning of the year, my apartment tends to get super quiet, and it makes me miss my loud obnoxious family
- I have a notebook obsession, like really. I own so many and I desperately look for excuses to buy more. I currently own: a diary, a dream journal, a notebook for my goals, and step-to-step breakdown of how I will achieve them, a “brain dump” where I write all the things I need to get out of my head so that I never feel like I’m forgetting something, a TO-DO list notebook, and 2 planners/agendas. It just makes me feel productive and organized so I can’t resist it
- I’ve never died my hair, and I’m currently looking at hair salons because I want to get balayage done to my hair, which is super exciting
- My posting schedule has been through many ups and downs lately so I’m trying really hard to get that under control for spring and summer, so stick around!
- Antonia Robinson
- Natalie Vinh
- Absolutely Olivia
- Alison Luck
BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
I was thrilled to receive this notification by the lovely pinkfordays for this award! So thank you so much!! Be sure to check out her link!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Select up to 15 bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created
How My Blog Started:
Blogging is something I have been interested in for many years. Long before I even thought of creating my own, I spent hours reading blogs that others had written. Over the years, it crossed my mind to make my own, but I always felt sort of under qualified. As my passion for this grew, I realized that there are no qualifications on this platform. There are no standards, and no expectations. Whatever you are passionate about, you write about. And so I started writing. It has now been about 4 months and I couldn’t love it more. Getting nominated for these awards by all these people inspired me, as it showed me that people do indeed appreciate the hard work that goes into writing a post. I look forward to the hundreds of posts to come!
Advice to New Bloggers:
Ugh, I haven’t been on this website long enough to be able to give someone advice, as I’m quite the “newbie” myself. I guess the main thing I have learned in the past few months would be to be yourself. The awesome thing about this platform is that you can write about WHATEVER you want. So there is no need to fake your interests, or write about things you don’t care about. My second piece of advice is to be nice and polite. Unlike places like YouTube, Blogging is a very loving and supporting community. Most people would rather not say anything, than say something negative. However, in order for that to keep happening, we all need to work together and maintain that same negative-free mindset.
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide their link as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer five questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 or more people
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination link in the “comments” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird of funny question
Three Things About Me:
- I could not sing to save my life, I suck at it soooooo bad
- I have a very big birthmark that I adore
- I love eating healthy. When I go out to fast food places, I never know what to get because everything sucks. I’m a sucker for a home cooked meal
Questions For Me:
- If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I am 100% the worst person at answering these kinds of questions. Because 1. I’m very indecisive and 2. Even if I did decide, I would feel guilty, like I’m cheating on all my other favourite meals 😦 But umm, let’s see, if I absolutely had to choose, like my life depended on it, I would choose chicken with baked potatoes and a huge plate of traditional greek salad.
- Your most worn clothing item?
My most worn clothing item would have to be my black pair of jeans. I find them to be appropriate for any situation. They can be casual, but also fancy when matched with the right pair of shoes. They’re comfy, but not so comfy that they look like I would sleep in them. And they’re black so they go with everything! By far my favourite purchase!
- One beauty item you wish you had?
Do hair products count as beauty items? I am in urgent need of a good hair product! Something that makes my hair soft and silky, without a lot of chemicals. I really want my hair to be super healthy again.
- What online store do you shop from the most?
Forever21. End of story, haha, my absolute favourite store.
- If you had to live in any country but the one you live in now – where would it be?
I would love to live in the United States. More specifically in California. The lifestyle is the same as here in Canada. I can have the same job opportunities there with my qualifications, but it’s just nice weather, and pretty views, and Target is still open there!
Last one!! Are you guys tired of reading facts about me yet? Hahah! I was very kindly nominated for this award by the amazing lifestyleforyoureyes and the outanboutweb. Once again, be sure to check her out, and send her some love. I love her posts as they tend to be a little bit longer and more detailed, which makes them special in comparison to all the other posts I often read. So big thanks to my fellow Canadian!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the eleven question that the blogger gives you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven other blogs that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Questions For Me:
- Do you believe in regrets or would you say everything happens for a reason?
I think that everything happens for a reason. Shitty things happen to all of us, however at the end of the day we learn to be strong and get over it. I think negative experiences are a big part of growing up and learning who you are, so there is no reason to have regrets as without them you wouldn’t be who you are today
- Where is your favourite vacation destination?
My favourite vacation destination will always be Greece. I have lots of friends and family there, plus its gorgeous, so it will always hold a special place in my heart!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love talking about the things I’m passionate about. I love being given this opportunity to express my opinions and beliefs and see what others have to say.
- If you had three wishes, what would you do?
If I had three wishes, I would make sure to use them on things outside of my life. Things such as poverty, war, depression. I think my life is good enough as it is, and there are plenty of people who could use those wishes a lot more than me.
- What advice would you give the teenage you if you could?
Post about that coming soon 😉
- What does success mean to you?
Success means to be given the chance to do the things you love so well that you get recognition. Success is me writing blog posts and have lovely people like you read them and nominate me for awards, so thank you all again <33
- What makes you happy?
Coffee, the sun, the beach, warm weather, travelling, playing board games with my family, taking pictures, ahhh so many things!
- What are you fearful of?
What I’m fearful of is wasting my life trying to achieve something that won’t be achieved. My worst fear is to wake up when I’m 70 and think “damn what have I done with my life?”. I try to live life to its fullest.
- Do you like warm or cold weather?
I love warm weather. I get very irritable and impatient if I’m even remotely cold
- Ice cream or cake?
Ice cream forever and always!
- What is your favorite feature of yourself?
My eyes, and I also like my lips a lot too.
- Where do you want to live?
I would like to live in California. It’s gorgeous there!
- What do you want to do, or what are you doing if you’re finished with education?
I’m in university for Psychology, however still very confused about what I want to do with my life
- What do you do as a hobby apart from blogging?
I love to travel, take photos, and explore my city while looking for cute coffee shops
- Which book do you want to read next?
I would like to read The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck
- What is your favourite song?
At this time, my favourite song would be Immortal by J.Cole
- If you could pick a supernatural power, what would you pick?
Haha magic is kind of cool!
- What is your favorite childhood movie?
The Polar Express! I cried watching it as a kid, but it’s such a cute movie now
- Link your best blog post: My Travel Essentials: here!
11 (more) Facts About Myself:
- I want to buy a cute little puppy when I graduate
- I want to move out in an apartment next to the beach so that I can wake up every morning and have my coffee on the patio while I enjoy the view
- I plan to travel with my sister all over Europe when she’s old enough
- I’m very close with all my family and I love it
- My favourite desert is Lava Cake from Denny’s
- Swimming is my favourite activity
- I love shopping, I find it very therapeutic
- I hate how dependant I am on my phone
- I want to buy myself a good camera
- I love purses, I think they’re super cute and go with like every look
- Having my nails done makes me feel very well put together, however I always chip my nails so every 3 weeks I need to get them done professionally
- What is your favourite technique of staying organized?
- What is your favourite song of all time and why?
- Do you think that an organized space equals an organized mind?
- Do you believe in God? why/why not?
- What is a food item you could not live without?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- Would you rather be over dressed or under dressed?
- What Netflix show should I watch next?
- Do you think technology is a good or bad invention?
- Do you prefer a vacation close to the ocean, or one close to the mountains
- Do you believe in supernatural beings? How come?
This has been all! Thank you all for reading till the end, and I hope you enjoyed!
Until next time,