As much as it is very exciting for the winter months to be right around the corner, unfortunately it is time to start thinking of our bodies. The reason for that is because although winter is without a doubt the prettiest season in most countries, the cold weather happens to be very damaging to the skin.
Here are my favourite tips for body, face and hair, to help you enjoy your winter months while looking stunning:
- Have a warm bath, not a hot one, because it leads to loss of moisture.
- Drink green tea. Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate your skin.
- To lock in moisture, apply body lotion the moment you step out of your shower.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Use oil based moisturiser since water-based ones dry your skin.
- To avoid a red nose, apply a little bit of lip balm on your nose before you leave the house.
- Honey has a lot of great qualities and therefore makes a great mask. After applying, lay a hot washcloth over your face and let it steam into your face. After 10 minutes rinse with warm water.
- Cold wind causes damage to your hair. When outside, try to cover it up as much as you can
- Wash your hair with warm water. Hot water can damage your hair
- Cut down on your deep conditioning sessions. Once in a while is a good amount of deep conditioning during the winter months.
~~What are YOUR beauty tips for the winter time?
Love you to the moon & back